How to upload a document
To add a document or template in the application, follow the steps below:
- Step 1 – Select “New Document” in the application menu or choose one from the three predefined workflows on the dashboard.
- Step 2 – In the application you can upload a document from your desktop or from the cloud (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box). To select a document from the cloud, click the appropriate icon, and select the document.
- Step 3 – To send more than one document for signature, simply add more files by pressing the upload button as needed.
- Step 4 – In the next section you can edit document information – change the file name (if needed). You can also add a short description. If you want to use this file again, click on the check box to save it as a template in your folder.
- Step 5 – You can also use additional options – such as protect the document with a password, set expiration date for the document, hide the email addresses in the audit trail or hide the audit trail from your business partners.
- Step 6 – Proceed on selecting partner(s)
How to use a template
To use a templates, follow the steps below:
- Step 1 – Go to the template library in the side menu or select the template icon on the dashboard on the main page of the application. To submit your own template, select the prepare template icon on the dashboard on the main page or on the template’s library page
- Step 2 – Choose or upload the template you need to work on.
- Step 3 – You will be directed to the document preview. If the file you have selected meets your expectations, you may beginning to edit the document.
- Step 4 – Complete the information about the document and assign the roles to your business partners
- Step 5 – Proceed to document editing, where you can edit your template by adding signature fields, text boxes and check boxes.
How to edit a document
To edit a document, follow the steps below:
- Step 1 – After selecting the template or uploading the document, fill all required fields and continue with the editing process.
- Step 2 – In the next view, you will be able to add and edit text fields, signature fields, check boxes and dropdown list.
- Step 3 – In this step, you can edit the text of selected fields in the document. To edit the content of a field, click on the selected field with your mouse button. When the document is ready, select “Proceed” to send the document to the partners.
- To add and edit a signature field, choose “Signature Field” from the right panel. Then you may drag and drop it anywhere in the document. When you place the signature field on a location on the page, you can change the field name and assign it to a signer. You can also move and modify all existing signature fields.
- To add and edit a text field, select “Text Box” and drag it in the document. When you place the field on a location on the page, you can change the field name and assign it to a business partner. Also, you may additionally set number of characters limit, determine whether it is a single or multi-line field, choose a font and add a hint.
- If the field needs to be edited, simply mark it by clicking on the check box
- To edit the content of any text field in the document, double-click the left mouse button.
- To add and edit a checkbox, select “Checkbox” and drag it anywhere in the document. When you place a checkbox on a location on the page, you can edit the file name, assign a person who will review. You will also have an option to add hints for your partners. By default, text fields and checkboxes are assigned to all users, and these kind of fields must always have at least one partner assigned. The signature fields may only have one person assigned.
- To add and edit a dropdown field, select “Dropdown” and drag it in the document. When you place the field on a location on the page, you can add the dropdown options, change the field name and assign it to a business partner. Also, you may additionally choose a font and add a hint.
- Before continuing, remember that if you have marked a field as required, you will need to assign that field to a partner before you continue.
Document aditional options
When creating a new document in SignOnTheGo, you may choose additional options – protect the document with a password, set expiration date, and hide the email addresses in the audit trail or hide the audit trail.
- 1 – To hide emails on an audit trail page, select the dedicated checkbox
- 2- To hide audit trial page for partners select the dedicated checkbox
- 3- To protect a document with password, select the right checkbox and enter a desired password.
Note: The selected password must be sent to your partner(s) separately for optimal security.
- 4 – To set document expiration date select the dedicated checkbox and set the date to which the document could be edited and signed. You can also set a reminder so all partners participating in the process will be notified of the upcoming expiration date set for editing and/or signing.
- You can also add expiration if a document has not yet been executed. If a document has not yet been signed, go to the tab “Recent”, “Waiting for you” or “Waiting for Partners”, then expand the document menu hidden in three prongs in the upper right corner of the document.
- Select the Set Expiration Date option and set an expiration date.
- Note: Once the expiration date elapsed, the document will be purged. All parties will no longer have access to this purged document. The process will need to re-initiated.